Saturday, July 08, 2006

1st fight Shamrock comes out a LOSER.. 1st Rematch Shamrock IIsd a 2 time UMMMM..... LOSER

For all the extended hype that surrounded the light heavyweight fight between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock at UFC 61 last night -- years of personal barbs exchanged between two of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's most recognizable fighters -- their second meeting ended in a swift fury.
Ortiz, the former 205-pound champion, stopped Shamrock 1 minute 8 seconds into the first round of their bout before a sellout crowd at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas
Ortiz nailed a double-leg takedown shortly after the opening bell, slamming Shamrock to the ground and then employing his signature ground-and-pound technique while Shamrock lay against the fence. After a succession of unanswered elbows, referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop the bout.

Quote from Ortiz after fight Via phone,
"I hit him with one elbow, and he went completely limp," Ortiz said in a telephone interview after the bout. "Herb Dean made the right decision."
More Statements Via Ortiz:
"To me, my career right now is right where I want it to be,"
"If Ken wants to do it again, we can do it again. I want to make the fans happy. . . . If they want me fighting Liddell again, I'll fight whomever they have in front of me."





In the co-featured event, Tim Sylvia retained his heavyweight title with a unanimous decision over Andrei Arlovski , whom he defeated for the belt via knockout in April.

No comments: